The Dangers of a Bee Sting

According to The Conversation there are more than 100 people who end up losing their lives due to a simple bee sting. There are more than 2 million people in the United States who have severe allergic reactions to bee stings that cause them to actually die. There are people who have allergic reactions to bee stings so bad, that they can end up losing their life in as little as 10 minutes. Bees are not at all naturally aggressive insects and are actually only aggressive when they feel that they are threatened and or provoked. Many people have a misconception that bees are dangerous and out to attack you, which is not accurate. It is critical that people become more aware of the consequences of getting stung by a bee. If you are stung by a bee and experience symptoms, you want to make sure that you seek immediate medical attention from a professional allergy physician.

According to Mayo Clinic, some of the symptoms that one may experience due to an allergic reaction from a bee sting, may include: hives, skin reactions of redness, itching, pale skin, difficulty breathing, swelling of the throat and or tongue, a weak rapid pulse, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, loss of consciousness and even heart attack. Everyone may show different symptoms of an allergic reaction to a bee sting. It is best to acknowledge that you have been stung by a bee, then to stay aware of some of the changes your body begins to experience. Most people usually experience a moderate reaction to a bee sting, which is extreme redness, welt at the site of the sting, mild pain and swelling at the site of the bee sting. Most of these moderate reactions usually subside within 5 to 10 days and requires little or no treatment at all. If you are stung more than a few times, you want to make sure that you seek treatment immediately.

There are many people all over the country who have absolutely no idea that they are allergic to bee stings, until they get stung by a bee. Many times, people who have gotten stung by a bee and faced allergic reactions, did not make it, since their allergic reaction was so severe. If you think that you may be allergic to bee stings, you may want to take time to see a allergy doctor to make sure that you are knowledgeable of your possible allergens. You can start by conducting an online search for: bee sting allergic reaction oak brook il. From here, you should find a list of allergy physicians that will be ready and willing to help you discover your true allergens.

Overall, being aware of allergic reactions to bee stings are critical to survival. Many people have no idea that they are allergic to a bee, until it is too late. Make sure you take preventative measures and find out what your allergens are. Seeing an allergy physician may be one of the best things you have ever done for your survival.